Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio (born March 10, 1994), and raised in the Almirante Sur barrio of Vega Baja, Puerto Rico is known professionally as Bad Bunny, is a Puerto Rican rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and occasional professional wrestler. His stage name originally came from a time in which he was forced to wear a bunny costume and was angry about it.
Bad Bunny rose to prominence in 2016 with his song “Diles” which had over 1B views on its official music video on YouTube featuring Ozuna, Farruko, Arcangel and Nengo flow. It is a romantic song built on frenetic rhythms, “Diles” boasts sensual harmonies and an urgency to just be human together.
- In 2020, he became the first non-English language act to be Spotify’s most streamed artist of the year and achieved the same record again in 2021
- Outside of music, Bad Bunny has ventured into professional wrestling in the American promotion WWE, making several non-wrestling appearances as well as wrestling in matches at WrestleMania 37 in 2021 and Backlash in 2023. He is also a one-time WWE 24/7 Champion.
- In a 2020 interview with the Los Angeles Times, Bad Bunny stated he sees sexuality as fluid.
”Mía” (“Mine”) is a song by Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny featuring vocals from Canadian rapper Drake. The song was released through OVO Sound, Rimas Entertainment and Warner Bros. Records on October 11, 2018 as the second single from his debut studio album, X 100pre (2018) which garnered over 1.4B views on its official music video on YouTube. “Mia” peaked at number five on the US Billboard Hot 100, becoming Bunny’s first top 10 single on the chart as a lead artist. The song also topped the charts in Spain, and reached the top 10 in Argentina, Canada, Colombia, El Salvador, Greece, Panama, Portugal, Romania and more
- Bad Bunny has earned three Grammy Awards, four Latin Grammy Awards, eight Billboard Music Awards, and thirteen Lo Nuestro Awards.
- He also received the ASCAP Latin award for Songwriter of the Year.
- In 2019, he received several awards for himself, Including Latin Rhythm Artist of the Year, Male Top Latin Ablum Artist of the Year.
- “I Like It” won the award for Song of the Summer at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2018. In 2019, it won the award for Winning song At the ASCAP Pop Music Awards and IHeart Radio Titanium Awards, Song of the Year at the El Premio Awards amongst others.
- In 2022 and 2023 , his Album Un Verano Sin Ti won the Awards for Favorite Latin Album and Album of the Year
- YHLQMDLG, the album won Best Latin Pop or Urban Album.
Two: Where she Goes
“Where She Goes” is a song by Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny. It was released on May 18, 2023, through Rimas. It was released as the lead single from his upcoming fifth studio album Nadie Sabe. The song peaked at the number one spot on Billboard Global Charts and in Chile Billboard charts. It also peaked the second spot on the U Billboard Hot Latin Charts and so many more! It garnered over 27M views on its official music video on YouTube. The song was written by Bad Bunny and Produced by MAG.
Currently: In March 2023 Bad Bunny’s ex-girlfriend Carliz Hernández filed a $40 million USD lawsuit against the rapper for unauthorized usage of her voice during various recordings.
- X 100pre (2018)
- Oasis (with Balvin) (2019)
- YHLQMDLG (2020)
- El Último Tour Del Mundo (2020)
- Un Verano Sin Ti (2022)
One: I like it By Cardi B feat. Bad Bunny & J Balvin
“I Like It” is a song by American rapper Cardi B with Puerto Rican rapper Bad Bunny and Colombian singer J Balvin. It was released on May 25, 2018, to radio stations through Atlantic Records. It has amassed over 1.5B views on its official music video on YouTube. The single topped the US Billboard Hot 100, making it Bad Bunny’s first ever achievement in the Billboard Charts. It also reached the top 10 in Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom. “I Like It” was nominated for Record of the Year at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards. The song was certified Diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in 2021 for selling more than 10 million units. It won the award for Song of the Summer at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2018. In 2019, it won the award for Winning song At the ASCAP Pop Music Awards and IHeart Radio Titanium Awards, Song of the Year at the El Premio Awards amongst others.