Maleek Berry is undoubtedly one of the most talented Nigerian Music acts. He drops bangers each time each time he drops music. He’s absolutely not slowing on that front.
Maleek Shoyebi professionally known as Maleek Berry was born 11 August 1987 (31) in South London, United Kingdom. The British-Nigerian is a record producer and recording artist. The British born talented producer had his primary and secondary education in London and a bachelor degree in Computer Engineering.
Maleek Berry who has been active since the early 2010s began songwriting and producing at age 14 with two of his friends. Maleek Berry became an in-house producer for Wizkid’s Starboy Entertainment in 2013. After his break into the spotlight in 2012, Maleek Berry was nominated in the “Music Producer of the Year” category at the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.. He also got a bachelor degree in Computer science.
In 2015, he served as an executive producer on Wande Coal‘s popular album Wanted. After work for the likes of Wande Coal, Iyanya, Runtown, and Wizkid, as well as a slew of solo singles, Berry released his debut EP, Last Daze of Summer, through his Berry’s Room label in 2016.
His April 2016 self-produced single “Kontrol” earned viral status, and its music video amassed more than 100,000 views on YouTube in its first week. Another single, “4 Me,” along with collaboration with Mafi B titled “See My Baby” were released in 2017. The vast majority of Berry’s output has been squarely Afro-pop, some of it has ventured into booming and relatively skeletal trap sounds. His other genres include: Afro pop Hip hop Afrobeats R&B Pop.
Maleek Berry has worked with prominent artists such as Wizkid, Davido, Wale, Fuse ODG, Runtown and Iyanya. He has been a frequent collaborator of Wizkid’s as both a producer and an artist. One very interesting fact about his is that, music made for himself or produced for others are always dope
Album/EP: Last Daze of Summer in 2016 and First Daze of Winter in 2018
In 2017 he was nominated in the Best Male category of the annual MOBO Awards
In 2014, he was nominated for Music Producer of the Year Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- In July 22nd, 2017, he peaked at #7 on #ArtistChat
- Berry released his debut EP, Last Daze of Summer, through his Berry’s Room label in 2016
- In 2013, he dropped The Matter, New Bounce, Love You, 2014: Feel Me, 2015: One Life, For My People, 2016: Kontrol and On Fire, 2017: 4 Me, Been Calling and Bend It and in 2019: Flashy
As Producer, he produced songs like:
- Carolina – Saucekid ft. Davido
- Enter the centre – Davido
- For You – Davido Ft. 2face
- The matter – Wizkid
- Let it Go – Ikes
- My Way – Wande Coal
- Just say so – Tyspon Noir
- Baby Hello – Wande Coal
- Leyla – Angel Ft. Fuse Odg, Seyi Shay & Wande Coal
- Ballerz – Wande Coal
He’s appears on:
- 2017: First Wave EP and Juice Single by YCEE, Early single byJuls and Boomerang EP by Jidenna
- 2018: Sit Back Down Single and Take Not3s II Album by Not3s, Side Tape EP by Raye, Lovers Rock Album by Estelle, Toast to Our Differences Album by Rudimental, TEN10 Album by Chip and Rasaking Album by L.A.X
- 2019: Zulu Screams Single and Diaspora Album by GoldLink
Maleek Berry is known to produce one of the biggest song of 2012, “Carolina” by Sauce Kid featuring Davido.
He also gained international recognition after dropping the video for his single “Kontrol”