Diarrhea is your body’s line of defense whenever there’s something toxic in your system. So, it’s not always a bad thing since you’re ridding yourself of things that could be potentially harmful.
When you start feeling the symptoms, you may want to try some of these home remedies for diarrhea to help you deal with it without relying on pharmaceuticals.
1. Orange peel tea: Keep in mind that you need organic oranges for these to work as inorganic ones may contain pesticides or dyes. Peel the orange and chop the peels into fine pieces. Put in a pot or kettle and add boiling water. Leave it to seep until it’s cool, then drink. This helps to improve digestion and it’s one of the home remedies for diarrhea.
2. White rice: Did you know that white rice can help with diarrhea symptoms? Eating a few spoonfuls of plain white rice until the issue is under control has a ‘binding’ effect on your bowels.
3. Honey: Many cultures depend on honey as one of the home remedies for diarrhea. Simply add four tablespoons into a cup of hot water. The mixture is quite sweet but can be very efficient.
4. Apple cider vinegar: Sometimes, diarrhea can be caused by a bacterial infection and apple cider vinegar has antibiotic properties. It also contains pectin which can help soothe your gastrointestinal tract.
5. Avoid these foods: When it comes to home remedies for diarrhea, some foods can actually make things worse. Avoid milk, greasy (oily) or fatty foods when you have diarrhea.
One of the most important things you can do is to take a lot of water. Diarrhea can make you dehydrated so it’s important that you replenish the lost fluids.