False eyelashes, also known as fake eyelashes, are small clusters of synthetic or human hairs that are glued together to make an eyelash.
The false eyelash can be applied in small sections to subtly increase the fullness of your natural eyelashes or as an entire piece for a dramatic effect. Although false eyelashes can improve the look of your eyes and make your lashes seem longer and thicker, they can also cause eye infections and allergic reactions if they are not used properly.
Difference Between Eyelash Extension And False Eyelashes
A lot of things factor in to the difference between eyelash extension and false eyelashes. … Eyelash extensions require procedure to be done by a skilled esthetician. This requires the tedious process of gluing either synthetic, silk or mink lashes beside the real lashes, making it look like they are one and the same.
False eyelashes can be done by yourself at home or anywhere else, it’s very easy all you need is a glue and a tweezer
- Inexpensive: available in pharmacies, they range in price from about $4 to $10 per pair.
- Reusable: You can wear them several times, depending on how you maintain and care for them.
- Available in a variety of sizes and styles such as half fringe, natural style, glamour, individual lashes and strip form.
- Low maintenance: In case of breakage, you can easily replace them with a new pair by simply running to the drugstore.
- Flexible and easy to remove: False eyelashes are easily removed. You can take them off before swimming, bathing, at bedtime or if you have allergies. False eyelashes do not require a commitment to upkeep.
- They break more easily; they can fall off and have a less natural look than eyelash extensions.
- Difficult to apply the first time: If you are easily discouraged, you may give up on your first try. It takes plenty of patience and practice to learn how to master the art of applying false eyelashes.
- Creates a much more natural look. You can add a full set or, if you’re looking to replace your mascara, you can add just a couple. All extensions are selected and tinted to match the colour of your natural lashes.
- Shortens your daily makeup routine: no need to glue on falsies and you can skip the mascara. Extensions polish your look even on days you go barefaced!
- Professional installation: extensions are transplanted by nimble-fingered experts with training and experience. It’s a no-brainer!
- Pricey: the upkeep is similar to a manicure or hair colouring. You may experience a little sticker shock on your first appointment. Proper upkeep will require touch-ups every two to four weeks.
- High-maintenance: requires constant care. For example, you can’t sleep on them; you can’t swim; you can’t rub your eyes, and you have to be careful while showering and cleansing your face.