Matchday five of the champions league witnessed presented quite the spectacle, records broken and striking facts revealed.
– Besiktas became the first Turkish team to finish top of their group in champions league
– Tottenham shockingly qualified first toping a group of death with Real Madrid and Dortmund
– Besiktas for the first time qualified for the knock out phase of the champions league
– Liverpool threw away a 3-0 lead to draw 3-3 against Sevilla
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic has played for seven different clubs in the Champions league after coming off the bench for united.
– PSG have broken the record for the highest number of goals scored in the group stage of the champions league, 24 goals breaking Dortmund’s 2016 record of 21 goals
– Juventus must beat Olympiacos to qualify for the knock out phase
– Cristiano Ronaldo broke his personal record of 16 champions league goals in a year after netting two against APOEL taking his tally to 18 in a single year.